I was writing a blog-post about being in the ‘Slough of despond’ yesterday, when I found that I had been nominated for the Liebster award. This is my first blogging award you guys! Can you blame me if I’m almost tipsy with joy!
A million thanks to whatsandrathinks (who, I’m not ashamed to admit, I often stalk. If you love a hearty chuckle, you should too!)
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post, too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Lastly, COPY these rules into the post.
So let me get around to answering whatsandrathinks‘s questions.
How many different places have you lived and which was your favorite?
Sadly, not many. Four cities, two states, one country. I now live in Mumbai/Bombay. Before that I lived in Pune and Kolhapur. I grew up in the town of Belgaum in Karnataka, India. My favourite is, and always will be, Belgaum. It’s clean, green, and beautiful. The weather is amazing. It’s almost a hill-station really. For the first 18 years of my life I lived in Belgaum, in a 100 year-old colonial bungalow, surrounded by hundreds of trees, a kitchen garden, and lots of cats and dogs. We went cycling in the evenings, had bonfires in the winter mornings, climbed this large banyan tree opposite my house. Oh I mustn’t ramble any more! SO yes, Belgaum is my favourite.
Describe yourself in 5 words or less.
That’s a difficult one. I’d say, ‘Crazy Cat Lady’, I love cats and am (so people say), slightly off my rocker!
Who is your hero or idol?
My grandmothers. Both my mom’s mom and dad’s mom. They were both wonderful. Intelligent, resilient, creative, hard-working. There’s so much I could learn from them. If I learn to be half as good as either of them, I’ll think my life well-spent. Sadly they passed away a long time ago. Their legacy remains.
Where is your favorite place on earth?
I am a couch potato. So curled up on the couch with a good book and a cat would be my favourite place.
What is your most-loved childhood memory?
There are so many, it’s hard to choose! Ok here’s one – I am an only child, and back then I was very sensitive about it. So every year, on my birthday, my grandmothers, and two of my favourite cousins would visit. It had become a ritual. On this one birthday, nobody could make it, and I was very very disappointed. When I woke up on the day of my birthday, and walked into the living room, I saw some ten soft-toys (Mostly cats and dogs). Each had a name tag with a sweet message. My mum and Dad had set up the wonderful surprise to cheer me up!
What annoys you most?
I am almost OCD-ish, so believe me, there’s lots of things. But this is what I absolutely cannot stand – A wet bathroom, spelling-mistakes and bad grammar, and when people borrow books and return them in bad shape.
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, health concerns aside, what would it be?
Cotton-candy. bacon. Konkani style fried pomfret. Banoffie pie. Mangoes. You get the idea 😦
Where would you go on your perfect vacation?
This is easy. I just made myself a bucket-list and I know exactly where I want to go. There are two places that would make a perfect vacay spot : a) Any sun-kissed, clear-blue-water-white-sand beach b) The lavender fields of Provence.
And here are my nominations – I dunno if they are really new, but most are less than a year old, and I love them all.
- Kate Gibney
- nikhil knows
- whatsandrathinks (Because I do so want to know her answers to my questions)
Now for my own questions,
- What is your favourite book and/or author?
- What is your spirit animal and why?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you are given a chance to meet one celebrity/author/actor/fictional character, who would it be?
- What is it, that gives you instant inspiration when you are stuck in a writer’s rut?
- What are your hobbies apart from writing? Or what do you do in your spare time?