I’m on a roll you guys. I have just received a ‘Blogger Recognition award’, bringing my tally up to three! Woohoo!
A million thanks to this lovely lady, Wandering Soul Go wander a bit with her, my fellow bloggers! An interesting tidbit about her – She learnt to put her foot in her mouth at an age of 3 months and has now mastered the art.So she says in her blog. She’s super fun and a treat to read!
Now for the rules!
There are too many rules, so I’m gonna shorten them. (Excuse my sass here)
- Nominate your favourite blogs.(You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you)
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
A few months ago, I found my grandmother’s old cookbook. It is a yellowed notebook where she had written down all her favourite recipes. I decided to cook each of them, and post the recipes on a blog, as a way of preserving her legacy. At that time I called my blog ‘grandma’s cooking pot’. After a while, I realised that I wanted to write other stuff as well. That’s when my blog grew to a new section ‘Penseive’ (Alert: Harry Potter reference here).
I named it Sass and Sauce, because it incorporates my recipes (Sauce) and also my writing (Sass). Together I give you Sass and Sauce 🙂
My advice to new bloggers:
I am a newbie myself, and I don’t know how qualified I am to offer advice. But here goes,
- Tag, Tag and Tag some more – Adding tags relevant to your posts, makes it easy for people to find you on WP Reader, and on a Google search too. Also attractive pictures (preferably your own, or public domain) help.
- Sometimes you catch yourself narrating incidents/musings/ideas to yourself. (I don’t know if everybody does this). I think those make the best posts.
Now for my nominations. I would like to pass on the love to these cuties:
(Disclaimer: I hope none of my nominees are offended by my presumption in nominating them. They are all established bloggers, but they have given me many a good read and I’d like to share my appreciation.)
- The Introvert’s dictionary – Witty one line definitions for introverts and cats. Every single definition is roll-on-the-floor hilarious. What’s not to like.
- Jody’s World – In her own words, she’s a “you and me having a beer, laughing and swapping stories” kind of a writer. Love her writing!
- A drawer full of sticky notes – She gives us a “peek at the gerbil that runs inside her head”. If that’s not a catchy line, I don’t know what is. Her post ‘Discomposure of 1971’ is funny and touches the right chords too!
- The Meandering Matriarch – She had me at the name. The Matriarch gives a funny insight into the everyday happenings of her life. Another gem of a find for me.
- Tricky Emotions – Soul-searching poetry (some romantic, some with a hint of darkness) and travelogues of offbeat locations.